We all know how tired and stressed we can feel while traveling… not to mention what our skin looks like!
It can be quite challenging picking all the necessities to pack for your vacation, but choosing which skincare items to bring can be more difficult than planning outfits! Rest assured there are great, easy tips to keep your glow strong, no matter where you vacation.
Here a few of my favorite skincare travel tips:
- Increase your intake of omega-3’s a couple of days prior to your flight to protect your skin cells from stress and dehydration (salmon, chia seeds, walnuts, or omega 3 capsules are great options).
- Avoid harsh, drying treatments. Our skin needs every last bit of moisture, so it’s best to avoid peels.
- Apply a face and body moisturizer to support hydrated skin.
- Apply a moisturizing lip balm as the air is dry in the airplane and can cause dry, chapped lips.
- Pack healthy snacks. You don’t want to be stuck with processed peanuts and pretzels as your only option! Processed foods are loaded with sugar, refined oils, and sodium that wreak havoc on your skin. Pack some fresh fruit and veggies, and see below for a super easy recipe for Energy Balls.
- Cleanse your face to remove dirt and oil, and to help calm down from the day’s stress.
- Apply a hydrating moisturizer and massage: Put moisturizer on fingertips and massage the cream in upward, outward circular motions.
- Apply a super moisturizing after-sun body lotion to cool and soothe that dry parched skin if you were in the sun.
- Lastly, always HYDRATE! When flying, pack an empty water bottle and refill it once you pass through security. Drink, drink and drink more water when in the air, as the cabin pressure dries out our skin terribly. Make sure to drink lots of water throughout the day to keep you hydrated no matter where your trip takes you.
Traveling is a great way to spend much-needed quality time with family, friends or even some self-time. But it can also be stressful! If you are preparing for a trip, you need some good self-care strategies so you are at the top of your game.
Check out our online shop to see the products that we hand-make which can help your skin keep that healthy glow this vacation season. (*We will be updating our website soon with our new and soon-to-be-released products!)
Chocolate Date Balls Recipe
These balls pack well to take through airport security and provide you with the energy needed when on the go, and satisfies any sweet tooth.
- ¾ cup of raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 12 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Process almonds in a food processor until you have chopped almond meal, approximately 30 seconds. Take them out of the processor and place in the dates, process until they turn into a paste.
- Then add almond meal back in, and also add in the cocoa and peanut butter. Process all of the first four ingredients for around one minute until it forms a dough.
Make14 balls and then roll each in the coconut.
Wishing you safe and healthy travels!